Thursday 7 May 2009

Target audinece

The genre for my trailer is Film Noir. It is going to be a Film Noir thriller. Looking at various thriller movies and also Film Noir films such as 'Sin City' and 'Detour'. I think that this genre of film appeal to people aged sixteen up to the age of forty. This age range would make my target audience range from late teens to late thirties.

The age rating that I will give my film will most probably be 15 because I dont think people under fifteen would be able to watch the thriller side to the film.



Thriller films are mostly age fifteen and over because some of them are scary and do have jumpy parts to them. For example, the thriller film 'I Am Legend' is certified as a fifteen. When watching this film as a seventeen year old I was scared. The film has very jumpy parts to it and also the story line is scary if not a little sci-fi. The story is that somebody thought they had found the cure to cancer and the government decided to give everyone the cure, so that they never got cancer, but the cure didn't work and everyone either died or turned into zombie like creatures that cannot come out in the sunlight. The protagonist of the film (Will Smith) was immune to the cure and he is the only man living in New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment