Saturday 16 May 2009

Final magazine front cover

This is my final design for my magazine front cover. I designed three different front covers, but this is the one that i thought would stand out the most and is the most effective.

The features that I like about this front cover include, the colours, the images and the title of the magazine. I like the colours on this front cover because they all co-ordinate and are quite vibrant. For example, the red title stands out alot and that is useful when making your magazine noticeabe so that people will buy it.

The main feature on this magazine is my film that I am producing. I think that I have made it very obvious that the main feature of this magazine is my film because it is the main picture and the words 'The New Film Noir Thriller' really stand out near the centre of the page. It doesn't show too much information about the film because I would rather people pick up the magazine and buy it. So I think this front cover also draws people in and makes them want to buy and read the magazine and find out more about my film.

I think this front cover is the most aesthetically pleasing but it also promotes my film the best out of the covers that I designed.

The details that I would change about my magazine front cover is the name of the title, although it fits in with the genre of the magazine, I think that it is a little cliche and that I could probably think of a more unique title. Another aspect of the front cover that I would change is the placement of the christmas film images in the centre of the page. I would move these images down the left side of the page, creating a column of images. This would make my front cover look more tidy and neat. I would also change the dotted lines around the images at the bottom of the page. I would change this because at the moment they look messy and are not tight to the pictures. It was difficult to make these dotted lines tight to the images.

No comments:

Post a Comment