Thursday 28 May 2009

Editing the practice shots.

Yesterday i uploaded the practice shots onto the Apple Macs. I thought that i would edit some of the shots, just so that i could get an idea on what sort of editing effects and transitions i need.


In one of my shots, the camera pans up to the top of a streetlight. I thought that this would be a good shot to edit because it is exactly like one of the shots that I am going to include in my actual film trailer. I decided to make this shot black and white. On doing so i noticed that the shot was still too light for my liking, so i added the 'brightness & contrast effect' this enabled to me to make the shot darker by increasing the contrast and decreasing the lighting. Once i had set the brightness & contrast to my preffered setting i thought the shot looked alot better and that it turned out like i wanted it too.


I have not yet added a soundtrack to my practice shots, but i am planning on doing that tomorrow. I want to add a soundtrack onto the practice shots because i think it will give me a better idea on how the music is all going to fit into the trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment