Friday 8 May 2009

The 'Sin City' trailer.

The trailer that I have been studying alot (and watching over and over) is the 'Sin City' trailer. My reason for studying this trailer so throughly is that it is the same genre as what I want my film trailer to be and it is also a fairly modern film (2005).

In the sin city trailer the aspect that stands out to me the most is the fact that the editing of it is very effective and also the colours are very vibrant.

The editing has made me think about what i want to do my trailer like. I would like to have a voiceover, but i don't want it to end up being cliche. After watching the trailer many times I have decided that I want my trailer to have cuts inbetween each shot where there is writing that appears on the screen, like quotes that would be in the film. This has encouraged me to maybe include a little voice over, because i think the voice over would go with the quotes well.

My trailer is a teaser trailer, so i obviously want to tease my target audience into watching it and don't want to give away too much. Thats why i think having the quotes inbetween the shots would be a good idea because it is teasing people by not showing alot of the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment