Sunday 31 May 2009

Editing..

I have captured my film and it is on the apple macs editing software (Premiere Pro) I have also finished editing it.


The editing process for my trailer didn't take a long time because I had already learned the basics of the the software so was able to do it more efficiently.


One hold back to the editing of my trailer was adding the music. I added the soundtrack that I wanted to use but it didn't fit with the film. This meant that I had to find a new song to work with my trailer. The song that I chose for my trailer is called 'Just got to be' by The Black Keys. This is a link to Youtube, which is where i found my song... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Je2wAUcH4o&playnext=1&list=PL1AB65D6534311850


The editing effects that i mostly used were the 'dip to white' effect and also the 'dip to black' effect. I feel that these were the best effects to use for the genre of my film (film noir). These effects were also simple to add onto my film but they also created a good effect.


One main effect that I added to my trailer was the black and white effect. This effect was vital in making my trailer fit in with the film noir genre, and it gave it the 1940's style that i wanted.


After editing and watching my film through i was pleased because i think that it had an authentic 1940's feel and it was also like the film 'The Third Man' which is the sort of effect that i was going for.

No comments:

Post a Comment