Thursday 14 May 2009

My own film poster

Below is an image of my own created film poster.



When creating my film poster I researched lots of other film posters, from all types of genres, not just the thriller genre. All of the film posters that I looked at before creating my film poster included information about the productioon companies and the different actors that are staring in the film.
Taking this aspect of film posters into account, I included it when creating my poster. I tried to make the font style and the font size as accurate as possible to what the majority of film posters use. I think that I succeeded in creating the effect of this font and it makes my film poster look genuine and the type of poster people would see in the cinema or on bill boards.
The software that i uses to create my film poster was 'Macromedia Fireworks'. This software proved to be very useful and was also simple for me to use because i have used this software before. I chose to use this software just because I had used it before and I thought that would work to my advantage and allow me to produce a good quality and geniuine looking film poster.
The image that i used for my film poster was taken by me. The picture was taken in Cambridge at night time. I tried to create a mysterious and eerie affect with this image and I think that i have succeeded in doing that also. I chose thsi particular image because I felt it reflected my film story line because in my trailer the charcater will be walking along a dark street like the one on my poster. The image also raises questions and creates a mysterious effect.
To cerate the effect that i wanted for my film poster I had to edit the image. For this i again used the software 'Macromedia Fireworks'. The only editing taht i had to do for the photograph was changing the brightness and contrast. Changing the brightness and contrast made the street appear to be darker and it made the street lamp more effective.
I was unsure on where to place the title of my film because i did not want to ruin the image. I decided to place it near the top left of the poster because then it is still noticable and still stands out but does not ruin or distract people from the image. The placing of the title also reflects the character in my film because the character is a shady and mysterious character. The font that the film name is in also reflects this mysterious side to the films story line and character.

I decided to edit the image black and white because my film is going to be black and white because of its genre 'Film Noir' but also the black and white of the poster symbolises good and evil, which is a big part of my film.

No comments:

Post a Comment