Saturday 9 May 2009

Film noir costume





These are images of typical costumes used in film noir films. The only character that I am having in my film trailer is a female character, so I have been researching female film noir costumes.

What I have found out from my research is that the women costumes in Film Noir are either very seductive or very smart and business women like. The seductive costume is to draw the male characters in, but thats what Femme Fetales do, they draw the male characters in and then they sometimes kill them or go behind their back in some way.

The smarter dressed female characters in Film Noir films are dressed in a masculine way to symbolise their authority and their power that they have.

The costume that I will use for the character in my trailer will be a mixture of the two, because i do want my character to be slightly seductive but i don't want seduction to over rule my characters look, because i do want my character to have power and i want the audience to know that this female character is an authoritative figure and should be taken seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment